Sigmar on behalf of their client is seeking a Qualified Accountant to join a small finance function in Dublin West. This company is well established SME with a long-standing reputation in the engineering/manufacturing world.
Ideally, you will be a qualified accountant, trained through practice, and 2- 3 years post qualified experience in an SME or large organization. You will manage a team of 2 with this position. You will support the financial controller.
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Prepare and file VAT returns.
- Responsible for CSO returns.
- Manage monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Maintenance of the general ledger and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Develop and maintain a fixed asset register, ensuring the recording of acquisition, depreciation, and disposal is captured appropriately.
- Working individually and with a team to generate efficiency in the use of finance-related IT systems, utilizing the ERP and other available systems to their full potential.
- Support with the preparation of the annual audit file.
- Budget preparation
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and the variance analysis during the year.
- Management accounting
- Develop reporting to support all departments to become more efficient.
- Supporting various projects to improve business performance.
- Implementation of cost accounting reporting to improve gross margin analysis.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA)
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Driven individual, ambitious, strategic thinker, & knowledge of systems.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be preferred.
Please attach a CV to Aoife McCamley on email@example.com or call 01 474 4691 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.