Head of Finance Co Clare -
This role signifies an exceptional opportunity for a motivated finance executive to head up the finance function of a leading Irish health and social care business, with significant operations throughout the country.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Head of Finance will have other duties in the overall management of the company and will be required to make a valuable contribution to the strategic management of the finance function.
- Manage the finance function and manage and mentor the finance
- Ensure the organization adheres to the currently accepted accounting standards and codes of practice.
- Build and support a culture in which non-financial managers take responsibility for the effective management of devolved resources.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations.
- Manage working capital by overseeing all client invoicing activities, debtor control, treasury management, and cash flow.
- Work thoroughly with the senior management team to meet the operational, tactical, and strategic objectives.
- Proactively identify process improvements to deliver efficiencies.
- Lead and advise managers to ensure the financial profitability of the organization. Profit focus based on fast evidence-based decision making.
- Embark On the strategic and operational management of other departments as required
- Develop and formulate a growth strategy.
- Be a key role on the senior leadership team to facilitate and drive strategy.
- Maintain and evolve strategic, operational, and commercial issues.
- Evaluate new business and lead new project assessments and assessment of funding needs.
- Drive profitability through sound commercial decision making.
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal & external, in the prudent management of the financial resources.
- A qualified accountant, preferably with large practice training, with a minimum of 7 years’ PQE.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience in managing, developing, and mentoring a team.
- Experience in dealing with a Senior Management team.
- A hands-on approach to work.
- Strong understanding of Tax Structures, Funding, and Treasury.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
For more information contact Aoife McCamley on 01 474 4691 or email email@example.com,
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.