A successful and innovative life sciences company in Dublin involved in impactful research is looking to recruit a laboratory automation specialist to join their growing team.
In taking up this job as automation specialist you will have an important role in the laboratory automation team. This team develops and maintains automated laboratory systems; the team is made up of scientists, IT specialists, engineers, and quality professionals implementing significant laboratory projects.
You will be involved overall in the continuous improvement of laboratory processing workflows, helped by automated systems as required.
More specific duties include:
• Assisting in the design of liquid handling and automation methods
• Drive the implementation of user friendly applications for execution of complex protocols in areas such as DNA/RNA isolation and QC
• Sequencing and genotyping
• Helping to develop prototype methods into strong production processes
• Basic maintenance as necessary and liaising with support engineers from key suppliers.
• Documenting all quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance
• Compliance with all clinical laboratory standards and protocols
• Development of technical documents such as SOP’s and those required in the quality management system
• Monitor entire workflow performance and suggest efficiency improvements.
Qualifications and Experience required:
• Degree in Life Science / Engineering or related scientific discipline.
• 2+ years of relevant automation experience and use if relevant equipment, particularly Hamilton Robotics
• Ideally 7+ overall years' scientific experience although complex academic projects may be taken into account
• Track record working in a regulated accredited environment
• Strong communication skills including written and verbal skills to accurately record and communicate analysis and results
• Experience in library preparation using relevant platforms; also in high sample processing scenarios and with robotic method testing
This automation role is an exciting opportunity to join a company involved in significant research nationally and internationally. They will also provide an attractive package along with the role.
If you have the above experience and qualifications and are interested, please contact Richard Walsh at Sigmar for a discussion on the position and you can send your CV for review at the link provided. Richard can be contact re enquiries at 01 4744688.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.