Our client is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team to work on projects in the Greater Dublin area. This QS role will be required to work on live projects. You will be working as part of a construction team with direct reporting to the Commercial Manager.
The main duties in this role will be as follows;
• Engage with the estimating team to review tender documents and tender contracts during the tender process to ensure the companies best interests are obtained
• Engage with client / contractor to review construction issue contract and project documents Liaise with clients and project managers to identify what elements may need to be sub contracted to other steel fabricators or steel erection sub contractors
• Prepare sub contractor documents and associated contract
• Prepare project budgets in consultation with the estimation team and accounting department prior to works starting
• Review all new construction issue drawings & compare with tender documentation and identify the changes & prepare and issue variation order to the client
• Complete take off of structural steel, metal decking, cladding, painting etc from construction drawings
• Compile and agree variations with client in a timely manner – Do not allow variations to build up
• Compile interim payment applications and submit to the client
• Follow up on monies owed by clients
• Compile, submit project final accounts and agree with client
• Compile allocation sheets for labour and plant times on site work faces
• Hiring and off hiring of plant and liaising with head office re the same
• Prepare weekly project financial status. Highlight areas were making or losing money to project manager and managing director. Get involved with project manager to review remedial actions and cost the same
• Prepare sub contractor payment applications and agree subbie final account
• Engage with clients for future work purposes.
• Visit the sites you will be working on at least once per week and walk the work areas with the project manager & site foreman to review how works are proceeding, take photos & identify areas of potential extras or areas where possible exposure
We would like the QS to have the following qualities;
- At least 7 years QS working experience.
- Experience working on projects which contain structural steelwork or similar work (Knowledge of construction in general is acceptable).
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Irish steelwork market would be a benefit but not essential.
- Proficient in excel, word, outlook, project management etc.
- Ability to use BIM models & extract information from would be a benefit but not essential.
- Excellent negotiator - specifically with regards to agreeing project variations/final accounts.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
- Organisational skills
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.