IT Program Manager - Transformation (12 Month FTC, salaried)
This senior role is responsible for the design, management and successful delivery of Strategic IT Programmes, comprising multiple constituent projects, to scope, schedule, budget and realising targeted value to the organisation.
Mobilise the Strategic IT Programmes establishing clarity and approvals on purpose, organisation value, scope, structure and delivery approach:
• Construct a strategically aligned Programme and integrate constituent projects into a coherent Programme scope which establishes clarity of purpose
• Prepare an integrated Programme plan comprising delivery of constituent projects and the change & transitioning of Programme deliverables into operational use delivering targeted improvement/benefits
• Estimate Programme resources, human and financial required to deliver the Programme to plan, adjust plan as necessary to address resource contentions and optimise efficiency through effective constituent project delivery scheduling
• Prepare the Programme Plan and Business Case and secure approvals
Manage the Programme in accordance with Programme Plan, Budget and standard PMO methodology:
• Prepare Programme documentation in accordance with PgM Process ensuring compliance with standards
• Establish effective RAID management at constituent project and overall Programme level to ensure effective identification and management of risk.
• Ensure comprehensive and effective monitoring and control at constituent project and overall Programme level to maximise prospects of success.
• Prepare recommendations on Programme changes which enhance value or mitigate risks/Programme failure. Evaluate and decide on project changes and secure approvals
• Deliver the Programme by leading a cross-functional team in accordance with Programme plan
• Lead, mentor, motivate and support a high performing team typically comprising project managers, vendors and Business & technology subject matter experts
• Monitor and control Programme execution
• Manage and mitigate Programme risks, issues and dependencies
• Establish & lead a dedicated Programme office focused on integrated planning, bottom up RAID analysis & management and comprehensive status reporting.
• Manage key vendors to ensure successful delivery of the Programme in accordance with contractual obligations.
Manage Team and Stakeholders to optimise performance and Programme success:
• Maintain strategic focus on material environmental change and manage all Programme changes through the Change Control Process
• Manage key demand and supply stake-holder's expectations ensuring optimal alignment between Programme deliverables and stakeholder expectations
• Report regularly & accurately on Programme progress and budgetary performance ensuring Sponsor, Stakeholders and PMO are well informed and expectations are well managed.
• Mange the transitioning of Programme deliverables into operational use in collaboration with Operational management
• Provide feedback to line managers on the performance of assigned resources
• In conjunction with the Sponsor, the Programme Manager will be a leading advocate of the purpose of the Programme and the change to be delivered
• Delivery of the IT Strategic 3 Year Plan including systems and change solutions (~€10-15M)
• Overall leadership/ management responsibility of the core transformation team of 3-5 people
• Strong commercial awareness and a track record of supporting the delivery of business transformation programmes.
• Deep expertise in business process, management, budgeting and business operations
A strong delivery background (10+ years of programme management or IT leadership), with experience in the selection, analysis
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.