Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team based in Galway.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor includes in coordination with the Project Managers from subcontract procurement and account management forecasting of costs and values, budgetary controls, cash flow forecasts, preparation and valuation of progress and final payments in connection with any Contract or Subcontract. It also includes the appraisal of the value of proposed construction options and the preparation of Bills and/or Schedules of Quantities of Materials, labour and services required in the construction and building, or engineering works etc.
Will be closely working with the site team and specially with the project manager, regularly walking the site as a team during the subcontractors’ weekly meetings.
- Producing programme vs cost cash flow projections in conjunction with all teams.
- Reviewing progress & programme & tracking cost implications.
- Complying with & Implementing the Quality plan strategy.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, acting at all times in the best interests of the company.
- Maintaining and enhancing the company relationships, and ensuring the company is recognised as a high performing team.
- Liaising with other company team members in creating and delivering the overall project plan for the duration of the project and updating it as necessary.
- Provide accurate and timely data to the Commercial Lead to enable them to report to the Project Director & Commercial Director.
- Work as a team to find a better way & drive out waste by working together and learning form others.
- Valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives.
- Maintaining good relationships with the Employer, Design team, Sub-Contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work.
- Develop & own the relationship with your counter-part in the Employer’s project team.
- Contribute to developing a cohesive, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging and celebratory project delivery team.
- Contribute to the development, communication and measurement of key business objectives for the project delivery team members.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning. Contribute to the development of a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Take responsibility for personal development and contribute to the development of team members & stakeholders.
- Be responsible for obtaining necessary technical, Health & Safety and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Contribute to minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement. Make our performance visible and maximise the beneficial impact of our activities.
- SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Third level qualification
- 4-6 years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business with Main Contractor.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Contractors & Management
- High Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract requirements
- Knowledge and awareness of contractual and commercial management
- Experience in residential builds and civils would be an advantage
- Financial management from preconstruction to completion.
- Experience working with Joint Ventures would be an advantage
- Contractually minded, knowledge in dispute & resolution procedures and keen to deliver and able to access risk exposure
- Microsoft Office advanced user skills advantage, especially on Excel
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Area of residency: Flexibility to commute between Galway and Cork
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.