The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the Demand planning, Supply, Warehousing, Transport & Customer Service departments in a busy food manufacturing facility.
The duties of the job:
- Responsible for the flow of goods from suppliers, through demand planning & order placement, goods inwards, storage, order capture, pick, dispatch & delivery to customer.
- Lead, manage and motive teams across various departments.
- Deliver overhead budgets on target for all functions.
- Work closely with facilities team to manage & reduce costs of maintaining company assets.
- Liaise with 3rd party transport/customers to reduce outstanding balance.
- Work closely with stock control to reduce stock loss & implement new returns/stock management processes with external suppliers.
- Full implementation of routing tool to identify routing synergies/savings.
- Identify areas for change or improvement to support the potential of maximizing sales growth and customer service levels while reducing cost base.
- Lead & participate in cross functional projects throughout the business.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, Quality, site accreditations, hygiene and security.
- Manage relationships, communication, service and contracts with customers, suppliers and transport companies.
- Provide accurate forecasting plans to manufacturing sites to ensure supply meets customer demand.
The requirements of the job:
- Third level qualification in Supply Chain management or similar field.
- Previous experience of managing the end to end functions within Supply Chain.
- Customer focused with previous experience of delivering best in class customer service levels.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results.
- The ability to drive change through continuous improvement projects.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.