Product Owner/Business Analyst - Mobile App Experience
As a Business Consultant, you will work within the Agile framework to provide business analytics and consulting support, ensuring compliance with agreed upon Discipline level guardrails and best practices.
You will be a key member of the Mobile App Experience squad working closely with a team of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary, and dedicated squad members responsible for delivering specific business goals.
This Squad is part of a forward-thinking team who empathizes deeply with our users to create unified, relevant, confidence-building digital experiences.
In this role you will be the Business Consultant of an agile team focused on the end to end creation of Global Web experiences, with a focus on identifying key customer needs, defining business requirements, and prioritizing the scrum team’s work
The Business Consultant will work in partnership with the Squad Leader and Chapter Leaders supporting the Tribe. By modelling and promoting agile Leadership behaviours, you will create and sustain an innovative agile culture.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert providing product support to business partners
- Understand business and organizational structures
- Assist Squad Leader with developing strong collaborative teams that enable its members to handle tasks within the Scrum framework
- Support the Squad Leader with organizational readiness and deployment activities
- Effectively share information and project progress to Domain and Tribe leaders
- Provide strategic level thinking and analysis to create and/or revise product offering
- Partner with Squad Leader to develop product and Go-to-Market strategies
- Build relationships with key business partners
- Be able to synthesize feedback and input from key business partners to influence the squad goals and visions
- Partner with Tribe and Squad leadership to maintain a backlog of opportunities according to business value or OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Determine and convey vision and goals at the beginning of every release and sprint.
- Provide elaboration on themes and features in order to define description and acceptance criteria throughout the process of story backlog refinement.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as daily standups, sprint planning meetings, demos and retrospectives.
- Work closely with UX to define optimal user experience for features as needed.
- Inspect the progress at the end of sprints with the authority to accept or reject work done.
- Mitigate impediments that may impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Communicate externally with stakeholders to ensure teams are building the right solutions to meet customer needs, communication status and buffers team from potential distractions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex customer needs and translate them in stories with actionable acceptance criteria
- Excellent consultative, listening, communication and analytical skills
- Customer obsessed and have demonstrated commitment to delivering frequent, high business value features
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and taking thoughtful risks to get the work done better and faster
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
- Expertise in various business analysis methodologies, including data analysis, uses case development, story writing, and user acceptance testing and product documentation.
- Ability to translate business vision into defined and prioritized stories for the team backlog
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile backlog management tool preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.