Our global Pharmaceutical client is looking for an EHS Specialist to join their team on an 11-month contract in Cork.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one Biopharmaceutical and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tech Services etc.).
- Typically, will have experience in EHS and/or engineering related positions, including knowledge of biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, chemical, research and development processes is desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies (e.g. 6S)
3rd Level degree in EHS, chemical engineering or other related discipline (chemistry, physical sciences or biology) is required. Other 4-year degree health/sciences with significant equivalent work experience in EHS field may suffice.
Graduate degree preferred.
Professional certifications in related disciplines and/or advanced degree in EHS management are a plus
Desirable: Evidence of Continuous Professional Development. Six Sigma Green Belt
- Working cross-functionally, identifies EHS problems and provides possible alternatives and solutions
- Provides technical expertise in investigation of problems and develops innovative solutions, implementing corrective and preventive action plans to address problems.
- Handles ambiguous and complex issues as they arise.
- Initiates and takes responsibility for his/her own professional development.
- Position may directly or indirectly supervise others.
- Trains, develops, and coaches staff as well as monitors their output and performance, as applicable
- Leads cross-functional projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete Continuous Improvement initiatives
If you would like to discuss this role, reach out to Louise Whitty on 021 2359140 / email@example.com REF 11208
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.