A well-established pharmaceutical company with a range of manufacturing facilities in Ireland is looking to recruit a process engineer to join their team working on New Product The role is based in South Leinster and on a long term contract basis.
If successful, you will join the Process Engineering Group on site and work closely with an experienced NPI team, acting as technical support for new product introduction (NPI) and commercial manufacturing. The Process Engineer is responsible for introducing new processes and/or products (product transfer).
Your responsibilities as process engineer will include:
- Writing, reviewing and carrying out process development studies
- Liaising with vendors regarding process systems required
- Executing qualification / validation documentation and studies
- Execution / development of change controls
- Technical input into quality and investigations
- Support continuous improvement through Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures and substandard performance using relevant tools and methods
- Driving compliance of policies, procedures and regulatory requirements while promoting current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities
- Participating in audits and inspections and proactively highlighting any issues around compliance
Qualifications and Experience - Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline
- 4-5 years at least in comparable position within pharmaceutical sector
- Evidence of continuous professional development is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, interacting effectively with all levels of colleagues and with external customers in a team orientated manner
- Strong influencing skills; Trouble shooting skills; Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Technical Knowledge of process monitoring systems, automation systems and operational intelligence
The job is an excellent opportunity for a process engineer with pharmaceutical experience to further develop their career; also salary is at an attractive level.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for review to Richard Walsh at Sigmar - Richard can be contacted for further information at 01 4744688.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.