This is a great opportunity for a Network Engineer to join a varied team in a Blanchardstown company. You will gain valuable network and cloud platform experience.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the network infrastructure incl. switches, firewalls and load balancers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, isolating and correcting service-affecting issues on the network.
- Helping in managing day to day operations of Microsoft Windows server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Azure, to support optimal availability and performance
- Troubleshooting hardware, servers, networks
- Identification, documentation and notification of issues and risks
- Vulnerability and threat prevention and management
- Delivering hands-on expertise in Microsoft Windows server management and networking
- Develop and maintain expert technical knowledge of Microsoft products
- Provide level 3 support to Global Service Desk on internal network issues
- Responsible for provision and availability of the Internet Service and Web Filtering
- Plan, schedule and implement network maintenance activities which include firmware upgrades, hardware replacement and network infrastructure augments/changes
What you need:
- Strong working knowledge of firewall design and network security protocols: Firewall ACLs, NAT, IPsec site to site VPNs, SSL VPNs, encryption levels, hashing algorithms
- Experience working with Windows servers
- Virtualisation experience
- Proficiency in enterprise routing, switching, Wireless LAN & network security
- Proficiency in firewall configuration and management, ideally SonicWall
- Experience in configuring SAN and high availability networks
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.