Our client is currently seeking to recruiting Ecologists to join their Environment and Planning Team based in Greater Dublin Area.
Ability to work in teams and under own initiative in the collection of field data and preparation of the Biodiversity section of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, Ecological Impact Assessments and EU Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessments. In particular experience of habitat mapping, flora identification, bird surveys, bat surveys, mammal surveys, GIS, data analysis and reporting experience is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
The job will involve supporting the Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of major infrastructural projects in particular.
The role will require input to site selection, scoping studies, site surveys, desktop studies, EIAR, Natura Impact Statements and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures (Ecological Clerk of Works), including the requisite reporting thereof. There will also be a requirement to provide assistance with the preparation of tenders in the environment and planning sector.
• At least 3 years environmental consultancy experience and a proven ecological track record.
• Proven field survey skills specialising in ornithological surveys and/or bat surveys, ideally with experience of habitats, flora and terrestrial mammals.
• Experience of co-ordinating ecology related projects and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation and planning requirements.
• Demonstrate experience in assisting in managing projects including financial management, producing fee proposals, and tendering for work.
• Must be physically fit and be willing and able to work in all weather conditions necessary to carry out collection of data.
• Must be willing to regularly work unsocial hours including early mornings and evenings.
• Full, clean driving license.
• Be prepared to work throughout Ireland depending on contracts available at the time.
Ideally candidate will be able to satisfy the following:
• Ecology/ Zoology Degree
• Associate/ Full CIEEM membership
• GIS mapping skills
• Experienced bat/ bird surveyor
• In-depth knowledge of protected species surveys
• Good background knowledge of Irish/UK Ecology
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.