Our client in the semi-state sector is seeking a Part Qualified Accountant to join their finance team. This role is permanent - €40,000 & benefits.
You will report to the Finance Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to take up a challenging position supporting the finance function service delivery across a range of evolving and diverse businesses.
- Financial and management reporting
- General ledger review, journal preparation and reconciliations.
- Intercompany recharge preparation.
- Preparation of regulatory reporting to external bodies including the Central Statistics Office and Central Bank of Ireland.
- Preparation of annual financial statements under FRS102 and IFRS.
- Preparation of daily and monthly management information and KPI’s.
- Preparation of the annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Ad-hoc reporting including the preparation of responses to Parliamentary Questions and Freedom of Information requests.
- Assistance with the preparation of VAT returns, annual VAT reviews and tax returns such as the return of trading details, S891b, 46G.
- Review of general ledger entries for VAT compliance.
- Assist coordination and management of internal and external audits.
- Ongoing financial support services to the management teams including providing analysis and reports on activity and other ad hoc reporting.
- Assisting with projects including system implementation projects.
- Assisting with the documentation of processes/procedures/controls as required.
- Part-qualified/finalist accountant working towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) with at least two years’ experience.
- Experience in financial services or in the banking sector is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the role and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- A self-starter who willing to take the initiative to get results.
- Knowledge of general ledger applications functionality (in particular Infor SunSystems) would be advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience in other Microsoft Packages.
To apply please attach a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aoife McCamley on 01 474 4691 to discuss this role in more detail.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.