The maintenance technician is responsible for the installation maintenance and repair of plant and machinery. You will work primarily with form/fill/seal, canning and packaging machinery and associated feed systems.
The Duties of the Job:
- Responsible for the installation of plant equipment and machinery on site and carrying out diagnostics and repair.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained to produce at optimum efficiency.
- Carry out all planned and unplanned maintenance in a timely manner reducing impact on production levels.
- Carry out changeover activities at the performance level expected to ensure smooth transition between different product types.
- Engage with the maintenance team and production management to identify performance /OEE issues.
- Liaise with vendors as deemed appropriate by the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure all required paperwork and checks are completed correctly and on time.
The requirements of the job:
- Must have a Mechanical Automation & Maintenance Fitting qualification or equivalent FETAC Advanced Certificate Level 6 (National Craft Certificate)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a qualified Maintenance Technician in a similar environment
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment is a distinct advantage
- Ability to communicate at all levels and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience within the FMCG industry not required but an advantage
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.