Unique and challenging role in South Dublin! Great potential with an established Irish life sciences company to gain invaluable experience as an Automation Engineer.
This position requires a highly collaborative individual who enjoys being part of a dynamic team and can work with scientific and technical colleagues across all levels of the company. The ability to think in an analytical and creative way and to communicate in a positive and professional manner are critical to success in this position.
- Participating in the design of complex liquid handling and automation methods for walk-away execution.
- Introducing and driving the implementation of these user friendly, pre-programmed applications for the execution of complex sample preparation protocols across the following areas: DNA/RNA isolation & QC / Pre-PCR - Multiple NGS library methods
- Sequencing & Genotyping
- Developing tools and controls to make targeted improvements within workflows
- Collecting, collating and reporting data on platform reliability and individual instrument downtime.
- Performing routine maintenance as necessary.
- Organising performance maintenance or services as required in conjunction with laboratory staff and project schedules
- Providing training and documentation for new or modified workflows to end users where relevant.
- Developing technical documents such as SOP’s, change controls and support documents within the quality management system to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Degree in Life Science / Engineering or related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of relevant automation experience and demonstration of capabilities with hardware/software in a relevant field.
- Experience working in a regulated accredited environment.
- Total of 7 years' experience (PhD can be included)
- Detail oriented and conscientious.
Preferred job Experience
- Experience in NGS library preparation for WGS, Exome or RNA sequencing on Illumina Platforms
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Experience in Working with Hamilton Automation and experience in method development using VENUS
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / marcel at sigmar.ie
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.