Energy Project Engineer - Cork
A prominent pharmaceutical manufacturer is looking to recruit an energy project engineer for a contract position in the Cork area.
You may be interested in the job opportunity if you are looking to contribute to successful energy projects working closely with teams of other engineers in a highly professional environment. The role will support energy projects and operations across the relevant plant and facilities - it is a medium to long term opportunity.
If successful, you will have the following main responsibilities:
• Project management and support of energy projects and initiatives
• Identifying energy improvement initiative opportunities and cost savings
• Support of site department energy teams ensuring the focus on energy as a core part of plant activities
• Support energy monitoring and metering initiatives
• Monitoring site compliance to ISO 50001
• Reviewing Project Design to make sure approach incorporates energy efficiency
• Agree Energy Reduction targets with stakeholders and follow up to check compliance
• Promoting energy awareness events
• Considering and researching how new technology could reduce energy consumption on site
You will need the following qualifications and skills to succeed in this role:
• Degree or similar 3rd Level qualification in engineering
• Qualification in Energy Management preferred
• At least 5 years' overall career experience
• Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
• High level awareness of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
• Ideally at least 2 years' experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment - eg pharmaceutical or medical devices
• Previous exposure to leading complete engineering project lifecycle
• Proven track record of success in a team environment
The job is an excellent opportunity for an energy engineer with some regulated environment experience to further develop their career; also salary is at an attractive level.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV for review to Richard Walsh at Sigmar - Richard can be contacted for further information at 01 4744688.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.