Temporary Healthcare Assistant, North & South Dublin
Our client, a Nursing Home with locations in both North County Dublin and South Dublin, is looking to find Temporary Healthcare Assistants for an initial 4 – 6 week period with potential for extension.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will be people-focussed and highly motivated, passionate about providing the highest level of care and compassion to the residents.
Main duties in this role would include:
- Being actively involved in providing care and support, including helping to plan this, as well as continuously reviewing and assessing the individuals needs and progress
- Providing both emotional and practical support
- Offering and providing personal and physical support to individuals in respect to personal care such as bed making, laundry, bathing, meal times and assisting with taking medication
- Actively encouraging individuals to interact and communicate with others
- Managing the individual’s personal information in a confidential and respectful manner
- Working as part of the larger team to ensure overall quality of service delivery is maintained – taking part in regular meetings to discuss learning and development requirements of the role
What you will need:
- Strong communication skills, with a patient and empathetic approach
- A genuine interest in the care of the elderly
- Experience in a similar working environment and knowledge of HIQA standards – distinct advantage
- Essential: FETAC / QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare (Care of the Elderly module completed)
- Ideally would hold Manual Handling, Infection Control, CPR, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults certificates
- Fluent level of English both written and verbal
All candidates will be Garda Vetted and must be eligible to work in Ireland
Shift work involved.
If you are available for a 4 – 6 week assignment in North and South Dublin and would like to learn more about this role, please send your CV and a note on your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.