Lead Java Oracle Developer
Seeking a passionate Full Stack Principal Engineer to build and maintain the eco system that supports its Managed accounts business area within the overall Tribe.
In this role, you will apply a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions for a complex business. This position is a critical element to delivering the best customer experiences in financial services.
As a Principle Software Engineer, you will be a senior member, expected to contribute to the technical leadership within the team. This includes:
- Providing mentoring to the MA team of developers with specific emphasis on sound fundamental development methodology.
- Providing leadership on project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies.
- Participating in the team’s effort to improve the productivity and quality of the entire development process.
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Extraordinary problem-solving skills dealing with complex distributed applications
- Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, team player, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who’s eager to learn every day
- 8+ years experience and expert in Oracle 12c, ETL, Java 8, Spring, REST services, Angular and JQuery
- 2+ years’ experience working in scrum environment
- 3 - 5 years of technical leadership experience at a senior level.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work on large-scale software projects with multiple teams across the organization
- Champion of Test Driven Development, Unit testing
- Experienced with Junit, Mockito, Jasmine,Karma, Protractor and a Selenium WebDriver
- Experienced with CSS, and SASS/SCSS
- Fully hands on with application builds and deployments using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, uDeploy, etc
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be a Full Stack developer on the team. Responsible for completing development work according to acceptance criteria and reporting on daily progress. You will be working closely with the web services and database teams to understand integration requirements. You will provide some guidance to junior members of the team.
The Skills You Bring
- You thrive in a team-oriented environment and taking on new challenges
- Your communication with peers and leaders is clear and effective
- You provide technical leadership and direction
- You are willing and excited to add your voice and opinion to the discussion
- You love to take initiative to solve a problem and get the job done
- You are self-motivated, with an excellent work ethic and a strong team player
- You have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- You have experience with application architecture and application development
- Your background includes translating requirement documents into design documents
- You are comfortable being a full stack developer
- You have excellent quality assurance skills with a focus on detail and depth
- You’re comfortable taking a leadership role in technical design and product implementation discussions
The Value You Deliver
- Leading the team in technical guidance and mentoring junior team members.
- Coordinating and leading research into new technologies independently, as part of a team and with the Architecture team to make judgement and recommendations for future releases.
- Contributing to a teamwork environment by actively participating in peer project reviews, code reviews, design reviews and being available to help others when needed.
- Providing and taking leadership taking business requirements and translate them into detailed designs, consider the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements
- Ability to monitor and manage a team of developers, which includes assigning development activities to team members and monitoring the progress of those activities
- Ability to recommend and implement strategies to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Managed Accounts Technology team.
- Ability to work, communicate with and influence individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical skills and ability to seek issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Exercising a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Becoming the Technical expert of the Managed Accounts application
- Actively work with System analysts on understanding the new requirements & get them implemented
- Work with QA, and support teams to quickly & efficiently resolve issues identified during the testing and deployment process
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.