5 x Healthcare Assistant
Applicants will be required to work as part of a team of Healthcare Assistants, under the direction of the Nursing team, and to provide person-centred care to meet the needs of residents. There are 5 permanent positions based in South Dublin. Salary ranges from 25-30k.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all times
• Assisting residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs
• Assisting residents with mobilising as appropriate and using correct aids
• Escorting and/or transferring residents as directed by the Nursing staff
• Working closely with the Social Programme Coordinator and Activity Providers to ensure engagement of the residents at arranged activities where possible and suitable.
• Assisting in End of Life care
• Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Nursing and Management team
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must hold a QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare Support, which includes the Care of the Older Person module, or an equivalent qualification.
• Experience working in a healthcare environment, with a good understanding of HIQA standards.
• High standard of English and should have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Caring and empathetic nature and the ability to maintain a positive approach in a sometimes challenging environment.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
For more information on the healthcare assistant positions, contact in confidence Ger Quinn in Sigmar Accountancy on 01 474 4626 or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.