If you are an experienced construction project manager and would like to work for one if the country's most progressive consultancies in client side project management, the following role will be of interest.
The company have grown in recent years to be a consultancy of choice for large size provate and public sector works, including in the healthcare and educational sectors, as well as becoming involved in commercial build projects.
They are based in the Midlands and work across the country assisting on the design and project management of various schemes; the company would like to recruit an experienced project manager holding a degree in a relevant area such as quantity surveying or civil / structural engineering with the following attributes:
- 5-7 years experience in managing projects within construction with at least 2 years on consultancy / client side of schemes
- Highly organised with strength in understanding and using planning tools
- Comfortable reading and understanding drawings.
- Track record in achievement of deadlines and commitment to project goals.
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs.
- Ability to show autonomy and suggest ideas and improvements on projects where required
The job will involve the following main responsibilities:
- Determining scope of work and deliverables for each project.
- Looking ahead to prepare for resources needed to complete each project.
- Compiling and submitting budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Managing costs in order to meet budget.
- Managing construction schedule and activities.
The company will reward the successful candidate with an attractive salary and package. The position is based in the Midlands with some travel.
If you are interested in the position please apply below or contact Richard Walsh at Sigmar at 01 4744688 for a confidential discussion.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.