Looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for a small but rapidly growing medical device company based in Galway. You would be responsible for leading a project to bring several products into production.
- As the lead, interact with product stakeholders (e.g. external vendors, production, quality, etc.) to identify opportunities and develop appropriate strategies
- Work with/lead internal cross-functional teams and contract manufacturers or design firms to ensure system design, architecture, and verification/validation meets design input.
- Evaluates external technologies and strategically identifies opportunities to implement them
- Serve as a key communicator from the customer to the design team and to any external organizations, boards or committees.
- To become the technical expert (subject matter expert) on platform and complex projects.
- Project Management; Creates, drives, communicates & executes project plans, tasks and deliverables. Manages time to meet project deadlines
- Develop processes, materials and solutions through in house and out of house development paths.
Ensure design meets company’s expectations in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Usesstructured problem-solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions
- Review and assess designs and processes for potential patent opportunities.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Provide technical guidance to other engineers & technicians
- A graduate in Engineering/Technical field with typically 5 years in a medical device environment or equivalent.
- Experience with medical products such as large calibre delivery systems is an advantage
- Product and process development skills in medical devices a must
- Strong knowledge of materials and process capabilities for catheter based medical device implants
- Strong working knowledge and ability to use statistical techniques, six sigma and DFSS methodology
- Proficient in solid works, ACAD and FE
- Ability to work within a team; fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with company objectives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to enhance collaboration and written skills to prepare/execute/communicate plans and reports
- Strategic Planner with successful scheduling & execution results
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.