Fantastic new role just in with a leading health organisation based in South Dublin for an experienced Clinical Nurse Manager who can lead the charge within a palliative care facility
What you will do:
• Co-ordinate, integrate and manage the community palliative care team.
• Oversee and monitor the quality of nursing care, the development and implementation of policy and procedures.
• Monitor service activity.
• Provision clinical and professional leadership and promoting the values of the organisation
• Liaise with ADON & Operations and the Palliative Care Consultants on operational matters in community palliative care.
• Assist the ADON & Operations in strategic development and management of the community palliative care services and deputies in his / her absence.
• Deputise in the absence of the ADON & Operations
• Ensure efficient use of human and financial resources to ensure a high-quality service.
• Ensure the delivery of high quality, clinically effective care by prioritising and using research and audit in practice.
• Encourage a culture of continuous improvement and mutual co-operation in the achievement of the highest possible standards of clinical care and maximum efficiency.
• Manage a caseload within the OPD/Day Hospice setting.
• Provide a high level of clinical and professional leadership and direction to the community teams.
• Provide safe comprehensive specialist palliative nursing care to service users within the guidelines laid out by Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann - the Nursing and Midwifery Board, Ireland (NMBI)
• Maintain an atmosphere of collegiate multidisciplinary working.
• Play a lead role in receiving, triaging and managing all referrals made to the community palliative care services to ensure a timely response.
• Manage a caseload within the OPD/Day Hospice setting to facilitate the provision of high-quality specialist palliative care to patients and their families, providing advice, expertise and support as
part of the multidisciplinary team.
• Deal with enquiries from external agencies regarding referrals.
• Model excellence in practice and promote a person-centred approach to care, utilising specialist palliative care knowledge and expert skills.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions and treatment protocols to ensure best clinical outcomes to benefit the patients, families, carers and organisational needs
• Maintain effective communication and liaison with:
o Other specialist palliative care services within OLH&CS
o Hospital based specialist palliative care services
o Community based health and social care professionals
o Community Palliative Care CNM3’s within Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services
• Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members
• Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams and programmes
• Collaborate with service users, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care planning and in the provision of support and advice
• Ensure the maintenance of healthcare records in accordance with local service and professional standards
• Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation
• Operate within the Scope of Practice - seek advice and assistance from his / her manager with any cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with
principles of best practice and clinical governance
• Ensure staff work in compliance with the Scope of Practice
What you will need:
Five years experience as a Clinical Nurse Manager within Palliative Care
Valid pin registered with NMBI
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.