My client, a leading medical device company in Galway is looking for a Project Manager with at least four years experience to work on New Product Development.
- Supports the organization in the delivery of quality projects that meet expectations and are completed on time and on budget; Demonstrates effective change leadership.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and other
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Creates an entrepreneurial environment.
- Provides general direction to managers, exempt specialists and non-exempt support in various areas, groups and/or operations.
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Coordinates across functional areas, business units, and/or geographies in order to achieve company or area goals.
- Utilizes technical/professional knowledge and skills to establish, interpret and execute company policies in a major segment of the company.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Makes and executes operational decisions with a strategic perspective.
- Directs and controls the activities, resourcing and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups and/or operations.
- Enable the prioritization of key initiatives and provide clear understanding of our capacity to manage and deliver results; Monitors project plan execution and ensures that key milestones and metrics are developed and met
- Min. HETAC level 8 in Engineering: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters in Project Management would be preferred.
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Experience with development of medical devices a plus.
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with other divisions
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management
- Must be strong in people management and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project.
- The role will involve regular travel
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.