This is a brand new position based with a large manufacturing company based in Co. Kerry. This role reports in to the Managing Director- Manufacturing, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing, maintaining and further developing the company’s policy and strategy on all Environmental, Health & Safety matters, which affect our employees and visitors.
The EHS Manager will act as the primary point of contact to the Board of Management providing reports and strategic direction. Very occasional overseas travel will be required.
Key elements of the role:
- Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at locations outside of the manufacturing facility at Fossa, Killarney.
- Drive projects to actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for EHS, and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding EHS matters.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring the Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents.
- 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would also be an advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a manufacturing site would be preferable. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing, implementing behavioural, and safety programmes.
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Thorough knowledge of Irish and European legislation and ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.