The post holder will play a key role in the efficient and effective delivery of the Payroll function in the new Shared Service Centre providing payroll services to approximately 3,000 staff across 6 locations.
Role and responsibilities
Under the general direction and guidance of the Payroll Team Lead, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Accurately calculate and process all Payroll related amendments
- Access and payroll deadlines, while allowing appropriate time for checking
- Ensure all deadlines relating to the authorisation of Time and Attendance clock cards by Line Managers are adhered to.
- Review of all hours for the time and attendance system for accuracy.
- Provide a superior customer service and respond to and resolve employee salary queries with efficiency and professionalism in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Transfer salaries to bank via Banking Software adhearing to strict deadlines.
- Complete all salary/mortgage forms within the agreed timeframes of the department.
- Administer the payment of all health insurance and all other voluntary deductions.
- Liase with senior payroll officer in ensuring that you are fully trained up in all areas of the payroll department.
- Meet with new staff members during their induction week to provide payroll information and assist in any queries.
- Evaluate payroll processes and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Display a strong customer service ethos and ensure high quality standards are met
- IPASS qualification
- Idealy 3+ years relevant experience in processing high volumes payrolls ( with regular changes).
- Strong analytical skills and familiar with software payroll packages
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer service orientated.
To apply for this role please contact Maria Sheehy on 021 4847131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.