Laboratory Technician - Microbiology | Galway City
We are recruiting for a permanent Laboratory Technician - Microbiology for our client, one of the leading Medical Device Manufacturing companies here in Galway. You will perform routine analytical or Microbiology testing as assigned and accurately document the test results, in line with all quality system and regulatory requirements
Location: Galway City
Pay: 36k -39k
Contract: Defined Term
- 10% Annual bonus
- Career progression/training
- Health insurance for employee and family
- Pension contribution
- Stock options
- Life assurance
- Early finish on Friday
- Educational support
- Active sports and social
Responsibilities of the job:
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems (including ISO 17025 for accredited laboratory).
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives.
- Conduct testing according to written procedures - Environmental Control testing (including water/air & surface microbial/air particulate) of controlled areas within the plant, Endotoxin and Bioburden testing (routine/ batch release/ validation) for Microbiology test support; Raw material, in-process and finished product testing for Analytical test support.
- Collect, compile and analyse data and prepare laboratory reports.
- Ensures all notebooks/logbooks/Datasheets are completed and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Records all information and raw data only on designated forms or logbooks and/or via appropriate systems.
- Assist manufacturing/operations/quality in solving quality-related problems.
- Ensures NCE’s, laboratory investigations and out of specification results are documented and reported to Laboratory Management.
- Ensure equipment standards and other materials are approved/released prior to use.
- Performs cleaning, preventative maintenance, verification of instruments and equipment where required.
- Ensure all training is completed as per Laboratory Training Program.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Assist in writing and updating Procedures, Work Instruction.
- Ensure training records are current and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Perform and assist with additional duties as may be directed by the Supervision.
What we would like you to have:
- Minimum of HETAC Level 7 in a Science, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience in an Analytical Laboratory is essential.
- Knowledge & experience of HPLC is essential for this role.
If you are interested in this job and are a suitably qualified and experienced Laboratory Technician, please contact Aaron Long at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749 264 | E: email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.