Role: GL Accountant
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Galway City
Our multinational client conveniently located in Galway City is entering a phase of rapid expansion creating a number of new opportunities within their finance department.
A role for an experienced General Ledger Accountant is available immediately.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will join this organisation at a really exciting phase of its growth.
The right candidate for this role will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a natural team player who thrives working both cross functionally and globally.
A candidate with a proven track record in process improvement will be at an advantage.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting of the monthly and quarterly financial reporting cycle.
- Preparing, analysing and posting of journals.
- Calculating, posting and analysing monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing and analysing balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Reviewing and reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Preparing multi-currency bank reconciliations and related variance analysis.
- Support external audit for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Recognised professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 3+ years of experience gained in an international company/multi-cultural environment.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications.
- Experience of ERP systems - Oracle an advantage.
- Top 10 training an advantage.
To apply for this position or for more information please contact me: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309 - email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.