R&D Test Method Engineer
A leading medical device company, expanding within Structural Heart, is looking for a Test Method Engineer to join their site in Galway. With expansion, comes unique opportunities for you to develop in.
The company also offer excellent benefits like a structured bonus, healthcare for you and dependents you may have, an excellent pension scheme and a very active sports and social club.
Some of the responsibilities included in this role:
- Apply Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and sustaining of test methods for heart valve systems.
- Create and develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the testing of heart valve technology.
- Lead or participate in a cross functional team to translate product specifications into test methods.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and may co-ordinate activities of technicians in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Interface with the rest of R&D, the labs, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Operations, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Ensure the efficient transfer of new methods into labs.
- Primary Level 8 Degree in Engineering or Science. An advanced degree is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience preferably in the health care industry and / or equivalent Masters / PhD in relevant discipline.
- Strong R&D/technical experience preferably in the health care industry and capable of handling the development aspect of assigned projects. Prior experience in interventional, vascular or cardiac surgery arena a plus, especially involving prosthetic and catheter-based technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.