Due to continued growth and expansion our client is seeking to hire a Health and Safety Officer for projects based in the Leinster area.
This opening presents candidates with an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and successful Irish owned company in an exciting and expanding segment of Irish industry. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain excellent experience with the potential for personal growth and career advancement in a team oriented and supportive work environment.
Role and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring Health & Safety compliance and perform regular Health and Safety audits
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as Internal and external stakeholders requirements
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard same.
- Successfully develop and implement work site Health & Safety campaigns and good practices
- Report to management team and provide monthly updates on all Health & Safety
- Must have a Qualification in H&S
- 5+ years’ experience in working with Contractors
- Knowledge of IT Systems an advantage
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Site experience essential
- Hold a full, clean driving licence
- Implementing ISO 45001
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.