Our client a national public service organization are currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of H&S policy and requirements in keeping with best practice, for the provision of a professional support and advisory service, and for ensuring all legislative and industry requirements are met.
- Work with senior management to develop, implement & maintain Health & Safety (H&S) practices in compliance with ISO 45000;1
- Manage programmes & initiatives to drive H&S cultural change within the organisation
- Co-ordinate the identification of workplace hazards & assessments, advise management on appropriate control measures to eliminate, minimise or control these hazards
- Manage the design and delivery of the Company H&S training in conjunction with HR, Training and Finance managers
- Manage the process of H&S accident/incident investigations & follow-up on close out of corrective actions
- Liaise with Insurance companies and loss adjusters to carry out investigations of accident / incident events and manage the internal processes around same
- Liaise closely with those responsible for Emergency Procedures & with training providers for Emergency Response Teams to ensure the prevention of fire and manage the safe evacuation of employees in emergency situations through scheduling of fire/evacuation drills
- Fulfil the role of Designated Liaison person and Mandated person for all child protection issues within the organisation in line with the Children’s First Act 2015
- Act as the Garda vetting officer for the organisation and carry out all Garda vetting tasks
- Maintain, update and assist with Vehicle safety inspections, in accordance with RSA guidelines
- Maintain all necessary documentation and records using applicable systems, and adhering to best practice
Qualifications & Experience
- A detailed knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Health and Safety Construction regulations 2013 and the General Applications Regulations 2007
- Previous experience in implementing either ISO 18000;1 and or ISO 45000;1
- Qualified to IOSH degree level, with experience in a construction environment and corporate health and safety background
- A self-starter with proven efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills to enable influence of associates at all levels in the organisation.
- Experience in interpreting relevant legislation on behalf of the company
- Excellent presentation skills & proficiency in MS Office
- Strong influencing and leadership skills in driving Health and Safety strategy and operations
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.