Head of Finance Required For Growing SME Company in West Dublin
A successful and growing design and manufacturing company in West Dublin has a permanent job opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller or Head of Finance. This is a fantastic job opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who has led a small or mid-sized finance team in a €20M+ Turnover environment.
This company are developing quickly and have recently branched out, creating a new R&D division to allow them to continue to evolve and innovate. The Head of Finance role is a key position for the business, responsible for full ownership of the accounting function including managing the finance team to achieve their objectives.
Key duties of the role will include:
• Budgeting - Devises annual and monthly departmental budgets, produces forecasts based on historical information and future projections and measure and reports on variances to target. Works with budget holders on initiatives to remedy these variances.
• Financial Accounting – Oversees the completion of all periodic financial accounting, management reporting and Payroll requirements on time, accurate and complete.
• Management Accounts - Designs, develops and maintains good systems & processes for reporting and control. Develops dashboards, metrics and reports that provides analysis and insight to enable better financial planning and decision making by the Board of Directors
• Cost Management – continuously evaluates and reviews spending within the organisation for opportunities for improvement. Proactive with budget holders in identifying areas for cost improvement within the operation and develops and delivers a programme of cost reduction and efficiency initiatives to deliver bottom line improvements.
• Capital discipline –supports the decision-making process regarding capital by providing Return on Investment and Cost/Benefit Analysis information.
• Data integrity - ensures appropriate measures are taken to maintain integrity and confidentiality of financial information.
• People Management - leads and manages direct reports, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities.
• Qualified Accountant with PQE gained working at Head of Finance or Financial Controller level.
• Relevant sector experience in design, manufacturing or a similar sector.
• Strong evidence of delivering results in cost management and profitability improvements.
• Commercial accounting experience
• Strong technical accounting experience.
A very competitive salary of circa €100k will be offered to the successful candidate in addition to a great benefits package which include a bonus, pension and healthcare.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.