Technical Support Engineer, Blanchardstown
This is a great opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join a growing team in a Technology company based in Blanchardstown. There is an opportunity to move into a System Administratror or Network position within 18 months. This is a great opportunity to develop technical skills and progress.
This is a shift work role and shifts will include nights and some weekends. You will not work more than 38 hours per week.
What you will be doing:
- Daily operational support and maintenance of all infrastructure.
- Monitoring of system availability and performance to minimize downtime and optimize customer services.
- Support customer's requirements targeting a 99.9% continuous service level.
- Troubleshoot any network related issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Participation in technology projects across datacentre, network, cloud domains.
- The creation and maintaining support & operational documentation.
- Participation in a 24/7 shift rotation.
What you need:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working within a technical operations & support environment.
• Strong customer service orientation is a must.
• Experience in IP service management such as change and incident Management.
• Knowledge of the following technologies, Cisco Meraki, ASA firewall, Juniper hardware, VMWare solutions, Nutanix hardware, MS enterprise suite etc.
• Familiar with Networking monitoring and resource management Tools (Cacti, MRTG, SolarWinds etc).
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Strong technical and problem resolution skills with the ability to work under pressure.
A very competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.