Software Development Manager
- College Degree in Software Programming
- 5+ years technical experience working as a software developer and 3 years experience working as a manager in software companies
People Management responsibilities include:
- People Manager to the Solutions Delivery team comprising Lead Solutions engineers, Senior Solutions Engineers as well as Solutions Engineers.
- Setting and agreeing individual as well as team SMART KPIs/Objectives aligned with company strategy
- Performing regular KPI reviews with team members as well as 6 monthly performance appraisal reviews
- Oversight of day to day tasks including approval of holidays, sick days, etc.
- Manage the career development and progression of team members.
- Ensure knowledge within the team is shared and eliminate dependencies on single individuals.
- Remove blockers and keep the team focused on priorities.
- Drive and motivate the team by encouraging and rewarding behaviours that are in line with company values.
Functional Management responsibilities include:
- Attend weekly meetings with Project Managers to review progress and address any issues affecting delivery.
- Plan appropriate resourcing of upcoming projects with PMs and management.
- Ensure strict adherence to Change management and Release management procedures.
- Establish standard best practices around areas such as unit testing, provision of release notes etc.
- Liaise with QA and Helpdesk to establish meaningful metrics as feedback to drive continuous improvements in code quality.
- Improve and streamline the onboarding process through a defined training/mentoring program, aimed at fast tracking new hires to begin delivering value as early as possible.
- Provide mentoring to Solutions Engineers on a day to day basis with their challenges, issues, blockers, as well as discussions around possible solutions to deliver customer requirements
- Documentation & Training on Coding standards.
- Performing regular documented code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards
- Ensuring the best approach to delivery solutions is always taken (we do what is right, not what is easiest) meaning re-use of existing IP whether modules, components, classes etc.
- In conjunction with Training manager, preparing a rolling Training plan for the training of Solutions Engineers whether training is internal or external, classroom or online, video or documented etc.Solutions Delivery Management of customer projects in support of the nominated Project Manager as well as Business Analyst
Solutions Delivery Management responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Business Analyst to determine the best/optimal Technical Solution based on requirements analysis.
- Sign off on initial High Level requirements and Detailed Functional Design.
- Review time estimates given by Lead Solutions Engineer for each project phase
- Determine the range of possible solutions to meet customer needs, and advise as to our best approach and preferred recommendation
- Push back on customers with respect to requirements you determine to be overly complex or engineered, and to challenge customers to instead adapt their existing processes to match our standard systems
- To bring to the fore industry experience with respect to best practice i.e., what approaches other food processors might take
- Possibly to perform the role of Product Owner as part of the product development team with respect to Agile new product development projects
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.