Our client is currently recruiting for a MEP Services Coordinator to join their team based in Galway.
This role of the MEP Services Coordinator will report to the project MEP Manager or the Design Manager. This role is a project office based role with some site visits.
You will be responsible for the design coordination, compliance, procurement (support) and construction to commissioning of one or several MEP systems.
In coordination with the different design teams (Architectural, Structural, M&E) to achieve final coordinated design information across the different specialties, generally in a BIM 3D environment. Will be the gatekeeper of every submission to ensure compliance and codification as per Employer Requirements and the Document Management Plan. Will also maintain registers and update trackers, reporting them accordingly to the Senior Management Team.
Request for Instruction (RFIN), and any additional queries will be centralised, monitored and managed by the MEP Services Coordinator along with any technical queries raised by the project delivery team and the Employer.
Coordination of the Technical Submittal approval process, from the start to the end, aiming to get technical submittals and samples fully compliant with Employer Requirements, Local Construction Standards and any other requirement such as BREEAM, distributing them following Document Management Plan. To achieve this, will undertake technical submittals review, guiding, supporting, and liaising with all departments and disciplines in the process.
The MEP Services Coordinator will be required to work on a BIM environment; will undertake all coordination reviews under the BIM Execution plan, integrating all parties into it.
MEP Coordination and Management
- Assisting with MEP Financial Control & Change Control including keeping MEP QS fully informed of all potential Financial & Commercial issues.
- Assisting with/producing RFAs (Recommendation for Appointment) of all Services Sub-Contractors.
- Assisting MEP QS with assessment of Sub-Contractor monthly applications for payment.
- Managing the MEP Quality Control Including Snagging & De-snagging (Snag as you go & promoting “Snag Free Construction” mentality)
- Managing the MEP Programme Control & Interfacing with Overall Construction Programme
- Managing the MEP Construction Process Including Meetings & Workshops, BREEAM & BCAR Compliance, Temporary Services, etc. including issuing accurate Minutes of meetings.
- Managing MEP Design Responsibilities.
- Managing the MEP BIM/Coordination/Builders Work/Working Drawings Process with the MEP Sub- Contractors & liaising with the JV BIM/Design Department
- Managing the MEP Technical Submission, Mock-up & Samples Approval Process
- Managing the MEP Information Required Process & Information Flow (In conjunction with the JV Design/Document Control Team)
- Managing the MEP Testing & Commissioning Process
- Managing the MEP O&M and As-Built Documentation Process
- Managing the MEP Project Handover & Demonstrations
- Managing the MEP Post Substantial Completion Actions/Management
Communication and Conduct
- Liaising with building Project Managers on site progress & programme.
- Complying with & implementing the Quality Plan in relation to MEP.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, acting at all times in the best interests of the Joint Venture
- Providing visible leadership and leading by example around the offices and on site.
- Provide accurate and timely data to the MEP Manager or Design Manager to enable them to report to the Senior Management Team.
- Valuing and developing our people, both staff and operatives.
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client, Designers, Sub-Contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work
- Deliver the project safely, to cost, time and quality.
- Ensure Engineering Excellence is in place throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure that integration across the project is timely and developed in agreement with all parties, including the MEP Manager or Design Manager.
- Assisting Project Managers in developing and agreeing, through collaboration, a logical sequence of key project milestones & activities, ensuring that the most economical / advantageous construction strategy is adopted & communicated.
- Develop & own the relationship with your counter-part in the Client’s project Team.
- Contribute to developing a cohesive, performance driven, flexible, supportive, rewarding, challenging and celebratory project delivery team.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning. Contribute to the development of a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Be responsible for obtaining necessary technical and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Contribute to minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Ensure MEP Sub-Contractors take responsibility for their scope of works in line with the demarcation documents & Works Requirements E.g. Site Waste Management, etc.
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience of 5-7 years Construction Building Services, due to the Residential MEP systems also experience of integrated coordination of Residential Design would be acceptable.
- Training: Mechanical, Electrical Engineering Diploma, also Architecture, Architecture Technology Diploma would be acceptable.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office packages, AutoCAD, BIM, Aconex, BIM Docs, BIM 360 Strong communication skills.
- Experience in residential and commercial projects coordinated in BIM from start to finish.
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.