Our client a progressive Building Services Engineering Consultancy practice is currently seeking to recruit an Operations Manager to join their team based in Belfast.
Reporting to the Managing director, the operations manager will be an integral member of the senior management team. Acting in a key role within the organisation, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day project management of key contracts and will manag3e client relationships to a professional high standard ensuring resources are adequately managed on projects.
In addition, the operation manager will be responsible for managing a growing team of professional engineers to oversee their work and coach and mentor them to improve their overall skills and experience.
- Day to day project management of significant contracts
- Ensuring projects are delivered within agreed parameters, including within budget and within agreed timeframes.
- Client relationship management including fee negotiation
- Internal project management includi9ng responsibility for management of contract specific resources.
- General oversight of all contracts within the company
- Lead and develop a professional engineering team that is target driven, commercial and customer focused.
- Ensure the companies senior management team and finance function are kept informed of all contract variations so that clients are billed accurately and on time and the risk of bad debt minimised.
- Provide accurate and timely information for inclusion in monthly board packs.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the companies senior management team and board.
- Work closely with the companies finance team to develop and maintain the accuracy of the companies cost of delivering projects to assist with tender bidding and identifying opportunities for cost reduction in the future.
- Be proactively involved in the senior management team.
- Identify innovative and creative opportunities to make cost savings and efficiencies and work with the business to deliver these.
- Support the managing director in developing the companies external reputation and brand with relevant external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level with a professional chartered qualfication CIBSE or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience at a senior level, preferably with one of the larger M&E Consultancy practices
- Commercially astute with demonstrable experience of successfully delivering large scale commercial projects.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a professional engineering team.
- Ability to act as project engineer reviewing Mechanical design for a range of projects, particularly in the commercial, civic and cultural, educational and healthcare sectors.
- Develop project scope with design team/clients including budgeting and reporting
- Implement and oversee successful design solutions for projects
- Oversee resource management and planning to ensure successful project delivery
- Provide mentoring of Junior engineering staff
- Assist the management team with Business Development and financial control activities
For more info you can contact Aileen on +353 906 413973 or you can forward your CV to email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.