A financial services company based in Dublin city centre is looking to recruit for a Trainee accountant.
The role of a Trainee Accountant will report to the Reinsurance Accountant.
If you are educated to Degree level in a numerical discipline (e.g. Accountancy, Statistics, Economics.) and you may already hold exemptions from college or be a part-qualified accountant this role is for you.
The key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts on a transaction basis
- Management of the day to day working relationships with brokers and clients, specifically relating to queries and analysis on client statements.
- Preparation of variance analysis explaining transaction results versus prior periods and/or budget.
- Ensuring transaction accounts are settled in a timely manner and liaise with treasury personnel to ensure sufficient liquidity is available to facilitate settlements or to advise of incoming receipts to facilitate investment.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting, including variance analysis.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory returns.
- Treasury operations including cashflow planning and liquidity management, liaising with asset managers, arranging the execution of cash transactions.
- Operating expense accounting including budgeting and variance analysis.
- Reconciliation of accounts to the general ledger system, ensure third party backup is available to support all balances and entries.
Send you CV to Justyna Pinkowska at Sigmar Recruitment email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.