Looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who would like to move into a role working closely with external and internal suppliers. The role will be based in Galway but will involve some travel (25%).
The role will involve designing and developing manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems to meet manufacturing delivery goals while reducing cost and ensuring product quality.
- Manage projects which include new production equipment, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned key suppliers.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, Equipment Engineering, Supply Chain, and Marketing to ensure project success.
- Successfully contribute to both new product development and current product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development, Six Sigma and Value Improvement projects, report preparation and process/test documentation.
- Ability to independently design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new and existing product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documents to communicate results to the technical community.
- May lead cross-functional project teams.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to operators/technicians at supplier sites.
- Submit and manage Change Requests to support manufacturing changes
- BS in Engineering (HETAC Lvl 8)
- At least five years’ experience
- Proven organization and execution skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion
- Willing and able to work with engineers and technical staff from a Supplier at a different site.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time. Travel typically does not occur over weekends
If you are interested in this role please send your resume to email@example.com or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.