The Microbiology Analyst shall carry out most of his/her duties in the Quality Control Micro Laboratory and the primary tasks and responsibilities of the position are as follows.
- The Microbiology Analyst will perform microbiological analysis of raw material, in-process and finished product as well as stability and development samples
- Performing Micro analysis of raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples associated with development products according to specifications.
- Performing micro analysis of water and environmental samples.
- The Microbiology Analyst will be responsible for monitoring Micro trends in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with external labs on any micro testing that requires off site testing.
- Analysing validation samples according to validation protocols and investigational samples as directed.
- The Microbiology Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the Right First Time KPI with respect to Analyst’s documentation are achieved.
- Ensuring that all Quality Systems within the department are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting any erroneous analytical data obtained
- Helping to ensure laboratory SOPs and specifications are kept up to date and in a state of compliance.
- Training other laboratory staff as requested and appropriate.
The next QC Microbiology Analyst should have a BSc Degree (life science) with at least 12 months minimum experience working within a pharmaceutical cGLP environment (IMB and FDA approved).
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.