My client in the financial services industry is seeking a Trainee Accountant.
You will have recently graduated from a finance / accountancy degree with strong results.
This role is a 3.5 years contract with exam support.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts on a transaction basis and reporting same to the Reinsurance Accountant.
- Management of the day to day working relationships with brokers and clients, specifically relating to queries and analysis on client statements.
- Preparation of variance analysis explaining transaction results versus prior periods and/or budget.
- Ensuring transaction accounts are settled in a timely manner and liaise with treasury personnel to ensure sufficient liquidity is available to facilitate settlements or to advise of incoming receipts to facilitate investment.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management reporting, including variance analysis.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory returns.
- Treasury operations including cashflow planning and liquidity management, liaising with asset managers, arranging execution of cash transactions.
- Operating expense accounting including budgeting and variance analysis.
- Reconciliation of accounts to the general ledger system, ensure third party backup is available to support all balances and entries.
- Accountancy / Finance Degree with strong academics
- A good knowledge of accounting with a career goal to becoming a Qualified Accountant
To apply please click "Apply" or attach a CV to email@example.com or call 01 474 4691 for more information.
Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.