This client is a US multinational company establishing an office in Limerick City. They are looking for a Senior cloud Architect to provide technical leadership in all areas of the build, release and operations, to ensure delivery of exceptional DevOps technical solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well established US multinational growing their presence in Europe.
- Develop and deliver DevOps Consulting Solutions to cloud and on-premise
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the build, release and operations, to ensure delivery of exceptional DevOps technical solutions
- Have at least a broad understanding of technology, process, people, and practice for:
- Agile / scrum methods
- Build and release management
- Infrastructure strategy and operations
- Operations service delivery and support
- IT organizational structure and responsibilities
- Business continuity
- Work closely with Production Operations team to build and support continuous integration, continuous delivery, deployment and maintenance tooling.
- Work closely with Security team to develop security automation and security monitoring to ensure highly secure operations.
- Work closely with other Development and Operations teams to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Research and study new technologies and services on Cloud and DevOps and share best practices.
- Document and present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote DevOps.
- Undertake & own ad-hoc related projects and duties from time to time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree degree or equivalent; Computer Science background preferred
Skills and Job Knowledge:
- 8-10 years of experience building great software using updated tools with experience in cloud architecture as well
- Strong knowledge of Continuous integration-Continuous Delivery (CI-CD) /DevOps concept and tools
- Visionary skills
- Leadership mindset
- Excellent communication
- Strong operational experience
- Extraordinary distributed & cross-functional headship skills
- Effective problem-solving expertise
- Configuration management proficiency
Strong knowledge of public cloud offerings (preferably AWS) on network, security, compute, storage and continuous integration.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.