Have a passion for a things transport and management related? Family owned Irish food company with over 90 years’ of history is looking for a passionate Transport Manager who will treat the business like their own!
Main Job Responsibilities
- Leading and developing the Transport team members to provide a cost efficient, and customer focused service.
- Ensuring that transport operations meet legal and customer compliance requirements.
- Building the capability of the transport team to lead and drive continuous Improvement in line with strategic goals and objectives of the business.
- Building close relationships with key stake-holders (Hauliers/Shipping lines) across the supply chain
- Validating compliance with National and International road haulage regulations.
- Driving the Health & Safety culture in the team.
- Reviewing and developing KPI’s.
- Completing a monthly summary report of transport performance
- Close monitoring of economic conditions (understanding and reacting to risks and opportunities that may impact service or costs)
Core job competencies & requirements:
- Min. Certificate Qualified
- 5+ year’s relevant experience.
- Customs clearance experience
- Track record of team leadership & development
- Haulage and logistics procurement experience
- Facilitator/Problem solver
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude (Leader/Motivator)
- Aptitude to take ownership of projects as required
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Marcel Skolimowski on 021 4847 138 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.