OPEX Engineering Manager - 4 day working week
The position will be responsible for leading the inbound technology transfers and gearing up for growth investments. Organizationally the role will execute on the industrialization of the Galway OpEx operation and will have potential to be the identified succession plan for the Plant Manager position.
- You will have oversight across Operational efficiency, cost reduction, process excellence and facility management:
- Maximise SMT line by using mixed model manufacturing line capacity optimisation and constraint management.
- Oversee equipment optimisation and uptime management.
- Support right first-time assembly and test activities through jigs, fixtures, tools and poke-yoke solutions
- Lead site Daily Huddles, Gemba Walks, Problem Solving Tools and Action Tracker adoption.
- Identify key areas for cost reduction and continuous improvement, managing CI projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement mindset is implemented and followed through.
- Oversee Engineering Change Management projects.
- Manage SAP master data development and maintenance to ensure production and supply chain are optimised.
- Ensure assembly and test instructions are simplified, thereby adding value to the production processes.
Facility Management & Capital Expenditure:
- Ensure optimum day to day running’s.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure and manufacturing based assets.
- Research and implement new automation and semi-automation solutions.
- Lead annual and long-term capital planning projects. Oversee the budget for this as well.
- Must have 5 years or more experience with Operations Management or TQM management.
- Should have a strong knowledge of Product and Process improvement experience using Value Stream Mapping, VA/VE, Gemba, DFMA, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Industrial Engineering Degree
To apply for this position please contact James Porter at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455305 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.