The company and position
Dublin Express is a brand-new service offering high frequency coach travel between Dublin Airport and Dublin City. We are looking to establish a major presence in both the airport and are looking to appoint a top-class retail and sales team to be the face of our new business.
We are looking for ambitious managers with retail experience, who can inspire and lead a large team, balancing superb customer service skills with sales capability. You’ll be a key part of establishing a brand-new start-up business, but supported with all the resources of a major global travel provider.
Retail Supervisors play a crucial role in the running of the site ensuring the delivery and embedment of a safe, secure and customer focused environment. You will also need to balance your customer skills with strong sales capabilities, ensuring that your team is maximising sales opportunities and hitting targets.
You will provide coaching, development, empowerment, motivation and supervisory support to the Customer Service Advisors and Team Leaders. You will also support the Retail Area Manager to ensure that service, sales and presentation standards are delivered to meet the business expectations.
You will use your leadership skills and your ability to identify issues and concerns and work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the business to find solutions to help the business to enhance service, sales and products.
You run the site operations in the absence of the Retail Area Manager with full operational decision-making responsibility and accountability.
Retail Supervisors act as role model performers and brand ambassadors for the business at all times. You are required to carry out the CSA role when required and work various shifts to support your team.
- To oversee the day-to-day activities within the site ensuring efficient shift plans are designed in accordance with the business needs and effective communication is maintained throughout the shift with internal and external stakeholders.
- To proactively provide support and assistance to customers, colleagues and drivers
- To proactively make sales of coach tickets and ancillary products and services to customers and meet commercial targets and KPIs.
- To manage and support staff in line with Policies & Procedures including supervision, absence management, performance management, disciplinary & grievances.
- To promote cohesive, empowered and engaged working environment
- To identify individual training and development needs and plan to meet these by effective use of iLearn and PDR’s
- To contribute to the recruitment, induction and training of new CSA’s and Team Leaders through effective use of the recruitment and induction process
- To fully adhere to the Financial Procedures and Cash Handling Policy and ensure the team are performing in accordance with the policy at all times
- To be fully competent in the use of the relevant ticketing and operational systems, processes and procedures necessary to fulfil the role
- To ensure efficient and consistent communication process is in place and daily briefings, regular team meetings and bi-monthly one-to-ones are held
- To actively promote inclusion by ensuring that CSA’s and Team Leaders are supported to participate in Community and Engagement activities
- To have full understanding of the site Action Plans - Staff engagement Plan, Customer Service Improvement Plan and understand how these influence KPIs
- To undertake administrative tasks as required ,i.e. staff records, Financial paperwork
- To undertake additional activities such as attendance at conferences and involvement in projects to further individual and organisational development
- To deputise for Area Manager as required
- The role requires the individual to actively follow policies including Drug and Alcohol and Equal Opportunities policies
- Should the role requirements and responsibilities change, then these will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the individual
- To comply with the (May 2018) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Fluent English speaking, educated to GCSE level or equivalent. Experienced in the use of Google Apps, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading and motivating a sales-oriented team, hitting sales targets and KPIs
- Experience of managing and leading large customer-facing teams
- Experience in managing health and safety responsibilities, IOSH qualification an advantage
- A confident communicator with excellent people skills and the ability to put people at ease
- Good levels of health, stamina and fitness will be required as the environment is fast paced, and work will involve standing for long periods of time whilst working outside.
- The ability to work shift patterns (nights, weekends and bank holidays including Christmas Day) and occasional overtime to meet the business demands
- There will be a requirement to work at all three Dublin sites.
- Health & Safety Responsibility (copied from Key Accountabilities section)
- To fully adhere to the Health, Safety & Environment (H,S & E) procedures and regulations, underpinned by the Driving out Harm Golden Rules and Target Zero initiatives.
- To drive implementation of the H,S&E Improvement Plan
- To ensure established safe working processes are adhered to at all time
- Report all Accidents and Incidents in line with Company Guidelines
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.