Process Sciences is a process support laboratory tasked with providing technical support to on site Vaccine manufacturing operations, through laboratory scale process models and extensive analytical data characterisation capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for team management and co-ordination of Process Sciences personnel and activities.
- The Process Sciences Team Lead will be responsible for assisting in the effective and efficient running of the Process Sciences Team and will be a member of the wider Technical Operations department extended leadership team.
- The Team Lead will be responsible for the day to day running of the laboratory and for the implementation of efficient ways of working, to meet our high throughput needs.
- A high level of innovation, enthusiasm and drive will be required to provide leadership and deliver technical excellence across a number of analytical methods, in execution of pro-active trend analysis and instilling deep technical understanding within the team.
- Supervision of area personnel. Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements.
- Supervision and responsibility of the laboratory area. Ensuring adherence to the highest EHS standards and other business compliance regulations. Lead/participate in risk assessments, audits and incident investigations
- Responsible for the maintenance of a high throughput laboratory though implementation of best practises and driving a culture of continuous improvement initiatives by deploying Six Sigma tools
- Recruitment, training and integration of new team members
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Central to this objective will be the active engagement and communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Set clear performance standards; overcome obstacles; hold ourselves and others accountable for achieving results.
The next Process Sciences Team Lead should have a degree or 3rd level qualification (Science/Technical/Engineering). Masters/PhD preferred.
You should also have at least 5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment (laboratory or manufacturing).
If you’re looking to join an innovative company with excellent career progression opportunities and competitive remuneration packages, then get in touch now!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.