I am looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with experience in construction and projects environment for a Health and Safety consultancy company. This full time permanent to set the projects Health and safety / environmental standards and ensure that these meet all legislative, corporate, customer and industry requirements are met.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Set the working Zero Harm H&S standards of the project team.
• Define safe methods of work and submit method statements as required.
• Conduct risk assessments, document and ensure identified controls are adhered to.
• Assess training requirements, skills gaps, organise training to address gaps and maintain an up to date training matrix.
• Manage sub contractors and ensure all meet requirements.
• Conduct toolbox talks, safety inductions.
• Proactively manage safety on the site.
• Liaise with other contractors on site to ensure a co-ordinated and integrated approach to safety.
• Meet customer expectations re-safety standards.
• Investigate all near misses / accidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
• Provide advice to site management on H&S matters.
• Carry out safety inspections / audits as necessary and ensure all corrective actions are addressed.
• Actively promote and increase awareness of Zero Ham H&S practices via staff briefings / updates, toolbox talks etc.
• Compile all site safety reporting on a weekly / monthly basis including tracking staff levels.
• Manage the site’s ‘permit to work’ system.
• Ensure all waste generated on site is handling in accordance with relevant waste legislation.
• H&S qualification
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff / contractors.
• Experience of auditing.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Site experience
• Self-Motivated driven individual
• Keen to implement best practice methods
Candidates should ideally have 1-2 years industry experience in a similar role.
For more information please call Éamonn on 014744658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.