In this role you will be part of the BIM team for a Mechanical Engineering company in the Leinster region. The job will entail working with customer and design houses to complete the Mechanical BIM package to the client’s satisfaction. The BIM tasks should be completed efficiently using the latest software to ensure compliance with our customer and industrial engineering standards.
Typical tasks involve but are not limited to the following:
- To develop the native files from Revit into CadWorx
- Creation of piping fabrication isometrics and spool drawings from the model using, Isogen, spoolgen etc
- Attend and lead client interactions for BIM co-ordination when required
- Follow document control procedures
- Development of models from LOD 200-450
- Detailing of structural steel, pipe supports and field piping and other services as required.
- Review federated models for BIM clashes with all trades, client and co-ordinate any remedial actions required - Review all fabrication documentation, client P+iD’s, vendor equipment drawings/specs and design documentation as required and have ability to create 3D models from base information.
- Development of 2D construction drawings as required
- Reporting on design progress to project planners and CM’s/PM’s
- Provide site support for construction teams - Verification of installation using survey techniques such as 3D scanning and point cloud
- Integration of survey data into the BIM model
- Append all redline changes as required using bluebeam as required - Report in detail as required for the senior QS/Construction Manager on the commercial status of the project.
Education, Training & Experience:
Preferably a Qualification in a Mechanical related discipline, Design or equivalent
- Min 2 years relevant work placement in a process mechanical environment
- Proficient in the manipulation of databases
- Software Technology
a. Experience in applying some or all of the following technologies is a necessity:
i. Autodesk (Revit, MEP, NavisWorks, CADworx,ete)
iv. Plant 3D
v. MicroStation based solutions such as Bentley, PDS, PDMS or similar
This job comes with an attractive remuneration package depending on DOE.
If you are interested and have the appropriate experience and qualifications, please apply to Gearóid Hughes at Sigmar (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or contact Gearóid for a confidential discussion at 01 4744695
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.