Responsibility for the day to day management of the manufacturing cells as agreed. Providing leadership, direction and technical support to the operators, and working closely with programming and design to ensure the inputs to the process are correct.
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for hitting the daily KPIs within the cell regarding productivity and quality. Some of these areas will be manufacturing machining cells and some will be more manual labour production.
- Responsible for the engagement of the team ensuring staff are being motivated to hit targets and drive continuous improvement daily.
- Problem solving within the cell, and making decisions in a timely manner
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained to the highest levels
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring run time on machines is to the required levels, downtime is minimal
- Ensure staff are trained to the required level and cross trained for cov
- Ensure the operators have the required tooling, equipment and materials to do the job to the highest standard
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will lead the H&S and 5S standards within the area
- Responsible for leading and co-ordinating of the day to day work of a team
- Actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement in the area
- The Manufacturing Supervisor will review staff within team in line with performance management’s system addressing any quality issues and performance issues that may arise
- With the Head of Manufacturing, set KPIs for the individuals within the department related to performance and quality and ensure these are managed accordingly
- Ensure year on year improvements with regards to labour utilisation and budget spend.
The next Manufacturing Supervisor should have 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing and experience ideally in a CNC manufacturing environment. You should demonstrate and ability to resource planning & control.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career and want to join an innovative and progressive company then send your CV now!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.