Sigmar is partnering with one of the world’s largest and most successful Investment Banks. We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join a team that are supporting financial trading systems. The systems are hosted on premise as well on the cloud. This is a fast paced, energetic and collaborative work environment.
The role will focus on providing application and database oversight, which encompasses; business impact assessment via batch support, initial troubleshooting and analysis of issue, possible remediation through data manipulation or application tools and coordination of software fixes with the development teams.
Remote working is encouraged with this client – potentially up to x3 days per week (Once you get settled in and learn the systems!)
This is an initial 12-month daily rate contract based in Galway that can offer €350 per day (€80,000+ per year) for strong candidates.
What you need
- Unix/Linux – Should be able to script using Shell and aware of basic Unix/Linux commands
- Good Oracle SQL Skills and knowledge of ETL tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices and automated deployment tools like Jenkins, uDeploy, etc.
- Experience using source control systems such as GIT
- Experience in incident management and problem management
- Ability to understand the business criticality of various applications as they relate to complex business processes
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and/or Agile Project Management
Why should you apply for this role?
- 12-month Daily rate contract with a view to multiple extension
- Paying up to €350 per day (€80,000 per annum)
- Onsite Parking
- Flexi Time
- Sigmar's awesome Payment terms - We pay all our invoices within 5 days
If you need any additional information, contact Chris Stewart on 01474 4601.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.