Manufacturing Technician | Galway City
Our well-established Medical Device Manufacturing company client are seeking to add a Manufacturing Technician to their team in Galway City. This role will see you utilize your technical skills in the generation and development of medical device products and process technologies.
Base Pay: *35k+
Shift: Day Shifts
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans.
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday)
- Employee Wellness Initiatives
- Life Assurance
- Stock options
Responsibilities of the job:
- The Manufacturing Technician will ensure manufactured products conform to spec and quality standards on your assigned production lines.
- You will operate the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Working as part of a team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Ability to identify, gain approval and complete continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to compile and report equipment/line metrics for review.
- Prioritise issues in conjunction with production supervisors and engineers as needed.
- Present and implement solutions to process or product related issues.
- Support Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Ability to train relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
What we would like you to have:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a related field
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal and PC skills, including standard offices packages.
- Ability to work well as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, 8-Step problem solving and 5S.
- Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC's, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- Medical device experience.
- AutoCAD or Solid Works experience.
- Experience of automation.
- PLC programming experience.
If you are interested in this job and are a suitably qualified and experienced Manufacturing Technician, please contact Aaron Long at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749 264 | E: email@example.com
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.