Principal Automation Engineer
Background on the position:
The Principal Design Automation Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through automation and supports the development of strategies for automation that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
- Lead a program to search for improvements through internationational principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
- Manage mission critical automation projects and new product development projects.
- Provide guidance to manufacturing sites on automation strategies, best practices and project lifecycle.
- Provide subject matter expertise to vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
- Prepare design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Procure and manage vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
- Ensure delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site’s EHS policies and SOP’s.
Your Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) – Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.